How to brew: First Sparrow Green Tea
Why drink First Sparrow Green Tea?
Our First Sparrow Green Tea, made with second flush green tea leaves from Boseong, Korea, is a great companion for morning and early afternoon meditation.
Green tea contains less caffeine than coffee and black tea and the caffeine in the tea is absorbed into the body slowly. Moreover, L-theanine, an amino acid in green tea, helps reduce stress. Combined, your body and mind is woken up gently while also feeling relaxed.
How does it taste?
The dry tea leaves smell nutty and grassy. When brewed, you can taste umami, chestnut and a little bit of citrus. It has a subtle sweet aftertaste.
What to prepare
2.5-3g of First Sparrow green tea (measure about a tablespoon)
200 ml of water at 70-75 degrees (leave boiled water for 10-15 minutes)
Instructions1. Warm up teaware with hot water
2. Observe the tea leaves - breathe in and take notice of the scent
3. Discard the water
4. Place the tea leaves into the pot carefully
5. Add water into the pot
6. Infuse for 1.5 - 2 minutes
7. Make sure to drain - otherwise the tea can end up tasting bitter
8. You can infuse two more times, using a slightly higher temperature